Five Thing I Know to be True
There's a hell of a lot of things I don't know and a lot that I forgot. But here a couple of things that I know to be 100% true - to me anyway.
- It's all in our head. Happiness, sadness, joy, grief, they are all the result of what/how you think. Your view of the world, of your life, is all due to what thoughts are created in your mind and at any point, you can change that for the better ... or worse.
- Children should be kids for as long as they can. The average person lives to be around 80, however, only 10 years (max) of that are spent being a child, after that, we are told to 'grow up' or 'stop acting childish'. But what I can't help but wonder is ... why? So we can become adults and wish we were kids again? We need to stop rushing childhood and let it linger as long as it may, even encourage it to stick around a bit if we can.
- Death is a great equaliser. No matter who you are, what you do or how much money have or don't have, we all die, it's inescapable. For that reason alone we should all be a little kinder to one another, turns out we aren't that different after all. Which brings me to:
- We aren't all that different. Superficially ... yes. Universally ... no. We all have the same needs, desires, wants and dreams. Underneath our skin our bodies all bleed the same colour and for all it's bad points, a good thing about the internet is has made me realise that I'm not the only one. Do you know how many times I have typed something into Google thinking I was the only one, to find out someone (lots of someones) already asked that question. Damn I'm not that unique after all.
- You should hire me for your next photo shoot. Haha, seriously how could you think I wouldn't throw that one in there.
On another note, I am going to continue growing sunflowers just so I can use them in photos.